We believe in fair education for all individuals, especially those in colored communities.
The Committee on Education shall:
- seek to eliminate segregation and other discriminatory practices in public education;
- study of local educational conditions affecting minority groups;
- investigate the public school system and school zoning;
- familiarize itself with textbook material therefrom which is racially derogatory;
- seek to stimulate school attendance;
- keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found;
- investigate the effects of standardized and high stakes testing practiced;
- teacher certification;
- promote parental involvement in education; and
- aim to be a center of popular education on the race question and on the work of the Association.